Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekly Hydrosol, 8/30/2010 NEROLI (aka Orange Blossom)

Neroli hydrosol is distilled (mostly) in France from organic blossoms of the bitter orange tree.


The scent is extraordinary, floral and sweet, with a light green and citrus notes mixed in.


On the physical level it can help: calm anxiety, relieve depression and balance dry and oily skin. It is a major anti-stress and calming agent, with a mild sedative affect on the central nervous system, but without causing sleepiness. One of the things that I LOVE about this hydrosol and why EVERY Parent should have it…hysterics in children and babies. At a job I had in a health food store we would have a small child or two come in and just go off. I would walk up to them, ask the parent if I could try something and then give them a quick spray of Neroli hydrosol. In a minute or two the kid would be calm and smiling (This also works on adults). It has shown to be of some help with ADHD, when used both topically and internally. It is somewhat bitter so it helps with digestion, stimulating bile and helping with heartburn, reflux and spasms.


On an energetic level this is (as we have seen) extremely effective for emotional work. One of the best uses I have used it for is in cases of sudden emotional trauma. Once I used this on a woman who came in for a massage. During the massage I started to smell Neroli, so I got out the 10% Neroli essential oil and mixed some in when I was doing neck work. Next thing I knew she was crying. She told me that two days before, she had gotten home from a business trip and walked in on her house being robbed. The robbers pushed her down and ran. She told me that this was the first time she felt safe and could let out all the emotions that she had been holding in. Not only did she let out all the emotional pain she was holding in, but the neck and upper back pain went away as well when she let it all go.


You can use Neroli during detoxification to help you “let go” of things. Adding about 1 tbs to 16oz of water and drinking that through out the day. It is supportive to the physical as well as the emotional bodies. It can be sprayed in rooms to “sweeten” the mood as well as on yourself and others.


This is also one of the hydrosols that is very safe to use on animals, even birds!


If you have questions or want to know more just let me know.


Love and Light


Dannie


Wolf’s Aromatics Massage and Bodywork


AromaTheraputics Medicinal Aromatherapy

1 comment:

  1. one of my all time favs!!! (i'm hoarding what i have left)
    nice write up!
    dabney

    ReplyDelete